|First Pokémon||Meowth (now Persian)|
|Interests/Hobbies||Math, Chemistry, Computers, staying at chain hotels, large American cars, college residence life|
|Clothes||Floral print dresses/skirts, white hat, hosiery, dress shoes|
|Battle Record vs. Trainers||42-5-1 (as of chapter 30)|
|Fourtix League Top 25 Ranking||Unranked (as of chapter 30)|
Lisa Northwood hails from the moderately sized city of Anderson, South Carolina. She is a child genius with an affinity for mathematics, and graduated from high school at age 11. She then went to a nearby university and graduated with a B.S. degree in two years. After graduation, she moved to the town of Fort Barnes in the Fourtix region.
Lisa's parents are the heads of the corporation, Northwood Industries International. They recently opened up a branch in the Fourtix Region, and in fact a town sprang up around the company headquarters and was named after the family. Although her family is wealthy, and despite the beliefs of most people, she received no financial assistance from her parents. Rather, Lisa's fortune was self-made through two on-line companies she founded- a web design and hosting service, and an online mathematics and science tutor forum for students. She owns two older full size cars, one of which is located at the Fort Barnes household. Her parents would not let her use her car on her journey, and upon seeing the poor condition of most of the routes, she realized why.
Lisa passed the Pokémon trainer qualifying examinations at age ten, but waited five years to start her journey, completing college in the interim. Lisa did spend some amount of time questioning the local researcher, Dr. Amy Sequoia, about her research projects, and had developed a rapport with the Meowth that would become her first partner.
She was encouraged by her parents to finally start her journey, when they had to return to South Carolina for business purposes. She received her Pokémon in a rather unorthodox manner; Meowth was the only one not stolen during an invasion of the lab by covert ops agents.
Interests and Hobbies
Some of her interests include large American cars (as she owns two of them), math, chemistry, computers, hotel chains, and '80's music. She dabbles in karaoke, but can only hold a tune when singing soft pop/rock ballads. Fortunately, light adult contemporary music is pretty much all she listens to, or attempts to sing.
She was very involved in residence life while in college and was a member of the Residence Hall Association and served as a National Communications Coordinator. She was also a Resident Assistant.
Lisa prefers to stray away from the tomboy image, wearing outfits befitting her girlish image. With most outfits, she will wear a pair of white pantyhose or black leggings along with dress shoes. She used to wear only heels, but is starting to wear flats more as the rigors of long walking become painfully apparent. She also almost always wears a dressy wide-brimmed hat with purple ribbon accents.
Her favorite outfit is a blue knee length dress with green, orange, and purple floral pattern. She will wear a green cardigan with lace trim over this dress.
Other outfits include:
- Pink two-layered frilly dress with red, purple, and orange floral print
- Blue jacket and green dress with white floral print
- Red blouse and frilly purple skirt with white floral print
- Dark gray business suit with red blouse
- 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LS Brougham (currently in Anderson, SC)
- 1989 Chrysler Fifth Avenue (currently at Fort Barnes house)
- Texas Instruments TI-89 Graphing Calculator
- Special PDA with Pokédex upgrade and cell phone application
- 6 Megapixel digital camera
- Her white hat
- Her blue dress/green cardigan outfit
Received at Dr. Amy Sequoia's lab as a Meowth. The professor had been keeping it in a Luxury Ball and it was the only Pokémon that Thrash did not steal from the lab during their initial invasion. It has since evolved into a Persian during a tough battle against a Thrash member's Arcanine. Since evolving, it has developed a formal, distinguished personality. Persian frequently combines Water Pulse and Thunderbolt for a combination attack. At times, Persian likes to follow Lisa outside of its containment device, a Luxury Ball.
- Fury Swipes
- Body Slam
- Water Pulse
- Faint Attack
- Pay Day
Received as an Eevee at the Northwood corporate headquarters, but it evolved immediately due to Lisa's clumsiness. It is lazy and sluggish outside of battle, but is a very fast Pokémon in battle.
- Thunder Wave
- Quick Attack
- Double Kick
- Double Team
First Pokémon that Lisa caught (as a Koffing), in an unusual location for its species. Recently evolved after Lisa learned of its past.
- Sludge Bomb
Received from Lorelei as a Spheal. Recently evolved at Mount Lexin. Sealeo likes its food, and likes to dive in headlong into food dishes, eat its partner's food, and generally make a glutton out of itself.
- Ice Ball
- Water Pulse
- Body Slam
- Aurora Beam
Captured in Express Tunnel. Recently evolved in a battle. Likes to use Sand Tomb and Dig in a combo to trap foes then draw them toward its hiding spot to pounce on them. Since evolving it has also begun to use Dragonbreath as part of that combo.
- Sand Tomb
A shiny Pokémon, it was awarded to Lisa as a Beldum egg after winning a math competition. The university found a way to breed Beldum so it is consistently shiny; therefore few are surprised by its unusual coloring. Very fussy; will not battle foes it considers weak or eat anything except high-end Pokémon food.
- Take Down
- Metal Claw
- “On foot?! Are you serious? I only have one pair of shoes that aren’t heels, and those happen to be ballet slippers! I can’t possibly walk all that way in heels!”
- “Maybe I should give you a nickname, Meowth. How about, ‘Quadratic Formula’? 3.14159? Pythagorean Theorem? SOHCAHTOA? Isosceles Triangle? System of Equations? What, you don’t like ANY of them?!”
- “Um, yeah, because I'm not a wannabe punk-rocker skater girl. Oh, and it's spelled S-K-A-T-E-R, not S-K-8-R. Apparently skaters aren't masters of grammar.”
- “You know what, I do need to step up my game. I’m only fifth out of, let’s say, about 450 people. I’m very disappointed in myself. Oh, hey, what’s that red “X” on your monitor mean?”
- “You'll be seeing your mug on ‘Fourtix Region's Most Wanted’, courtesy of yours truly.”
- “You don't want to mess with a girl with a bachelor's degree in math, with concentrations in computer science AND Chemistry.”